One of the neatest parts about the Tucson foodie community is that we all seem to get along. Granted there are some exceptions to that, but in the long run we all like and respect one another.
Even among the writers, where we could be considered competitors, there is camaraderie and connecction. We have fun together. We go out to dinner together. We keep one another clued in to what is happening in town.
So that’s why I’m posting about the pop-up dinner sponsored by Tucson Foodie. Adam Lehrman, the man behind the curtain, has been writing Tucson Foodie for some time now, although he does hire other writers for website. You can always count on him for the latest foodie news and fun ideas.
This pop-up dinner will be held at Boca Tacos e Tequila, the tiny taco joint owned by Chef Maria Mazon. Maria’s tacos have won rave reviews from both local and national press. She makes some fierce tacos and her salsas really knock it out of the park.
The dinner will be on June 6th and because Boca is so small there will be two “seatings”. Tickets are $69.
Amuse Bouche (if you could call it that)
- Beverage: TBA
- Corn on the Cob Pancake with cotija, crema, lime, and chile
- Beverage: Chile Ancho Margarita
- Beet Pasta & Ribeye with a chipotle chocolate Rub
- Beverage: Dirty Tequila Blanco Martini with agave nectar, twist, and olive
- Salmon enchiladas with a basil Gorgonzola sauce
- Beverage: Tequila Mojito
- Horchata Bon Bon with “Isabella’s Ice Cream” and Raspberry Jalapeño Jam
- Beverage: Carajillo (a Spanish cocktail combining coffee, brandy, whisky, anisette, or rum)
Maria will share an exciting announcement during the evening, as well as come out from the kitchen to describe each course.
Live music will be a part of the evening as well as one or two of Maria’s original cocktails.
Make reservations by using the link below.